Now that the days are growing longer, the sun is shining brighter, and the weather is starting to get warmer, it’s the perfect time to refresh your home with a good spring cleaning. Beyond the usual vacuuming and dusting, here are some other items to add to your list!
7 Things for Your Spring Cleaning Checklist
- Clean out your medicine cabinet: Often a forgotten space in the home, this includes getting rid of any expired cosmetics and medicines, washing makeup brushes, and cleaning the shelves of the cabinet. Remember, when throwing away medicine you’ll want to put it in the trash. Do not flush it or dump it down your sink.
- Clean your car: Spring cleaning isn’t just for your home! After giving your car’s exterior a good wash, clear out any trash and use a high-powered vacuum to clean the seats and interior. Don’t forget about the floor mats and center console!
- Deep clean your fridge: Start by tossing out any old food items and clearing out the items you want to keep. Once empty, remove all the shelves, racks, and storage items. For easy washing, clean these larger and bulkier items in a bathtub. Once completed, you’ll want to wipe down the inside of the fridge before putting everything back together.
- Organize your junk drawer: Out of sight, out of mind, right? Not when spring cleaning! Take this cleaning spree as a chance to go through the junk drawer in your home and get rid of anything you no longer need.
- Clean your oven: This includes your cook top, underside and front of your hood, as well as the inside of your oven. This is also the perfect chance to clean your microwave as well!
- Wash your windows: You’ll want to begin by removing the screens (if possible) and vacuuming them using the handheld attachment on your vacuum cleaner. After this step, you’ll give them a good soak in soapy water before rinsing and drying. While your screens are soaking, use dish soap diluted in water to wipe down the inside of your windows and your windowsills. Lastly, give the glass a good cleaning before putting the screens back in. Once completed, open your windows up and let some of the fresh spring air inside!
- Switch out seasonal decor: The perfect final step is putting away all winter decor and bringing out your spring and summer decor!
While this is a pretty labor-intensive list, it’s important to remember that you don’t have to tackle everything in one weekend! Set yourself up for success by delegating certain tasks to each weekend. Soon you’ll be able to spend the rest of your spring days relaxing in a home that shines from top to bottom.